Medicine Hat Criminal Lawyers
Bottos Law Group is a vibrant, Edmonton-based law firm practicing criminal defence in the province of Alberta, including in Medicine Hat. Our lawyers travel extensively throughout the province defending the interests of our clients.
The guidance of an experienced criminal defence lawyer is an essential asset to defend yourself against the immense power and resources of the police and prosecutors. Having proper legal representation and strong advocacy at all stages of the process is critical, from arrest through to resolution. Our legal team has extensive experience in a broad range of criminal matters, and has successfully defended charges, such as:
- Regulatory offences, including traffic tickets and hunting and fishing infractions.
- White collar crimes, including fraud and tax evasion.
- Sexual crimes, which include rape or sexual assault.
- Domestic charges, including criminal harassment, and assault.
- Serious violent offences, including murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, and aggravated assault.
The legal team at Bottos Law Group can assist you at all stages of the proceeding, including:
- At the pre-arrest stage, if you believe that you may be charged with a crime.
- Providing advice upon arrest or detention.
- Preparing for and conducting a bail hearing to get you released from police custody.
- Conducting a trial in front of a judge or jury, where the stakes are highest.
- Fighting appeals, as needed.
Being charged with an offence can be a trying and difficult experience for you and the ones around you. Our team can help make the process less stressful and help you fight for the best outcome. Contact our office today at 780-421-7001.
If you are of Aboriginal or Metis descent, please ask our team about whether a Gladue Report may be appropriate in your circumstances. We have several team members with expertise in this area.
The city of Medicine Hat is located roughly 530 km southeast of Edmonton. See map below for directions to the Provincial Court courthouse.
Medicine Hat Law Courts Contact Information
460 First Street S.E.
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 0A8
Phone: (403) 529-8644
Medicine Hat Court Sittings
Adult Criminal (Out-of-Custody docket / Case Management Office—CMO):
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 8:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M.
Adult Criminal (In Custody docket):
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 9:30 A.M.
Provincial Statutes (including traffic tickets):
Every 2nd and 4th Friday at 9:30 A.M.
Every Monday at 2:00 P.M.