Wetaskiwin Criminal Lawyers
The lawyers of Bottos Law Group have experience practicing criminal defence throughout Alberta, including the city of Wetaskiwin. Although based in Edmonton, the firm regularly defends clients in the Wetaskiwin courts.
While the law has many protections for individuals charged with crimes, the process of arrest, bail, and trial can be an overwhelming experience. The lawyers of Bottos Law Group can help you navigate the criminal justice system and will work closely with you in resolving your matter. We can assist you at all stages of the proceedings, including:
- Advising you of your rights and obligations if you believe the police may charge you.
- Providing essential advice upon arrest for a criminal charge.
- Preparing and conducting bail hearings.
- Conducting preliminary inquiries, to determine if the Crown prosecution has enough evidence to put you on trial.
- Defending your case at trial, when the stakes are highest.
- Appealing the trial judge’s decision in certain circumstances where there is an unfavourable decision.
Our team of exceptional lawyers have successfully defended clients charged with a wide variety of criminal offences, including:
- Assault, including domestic assault and sexual assault.
- Impaired driving (also known as a DUI).
- Drug offences, including possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, and trafficking in narcotics and other controlled substances.
- Robbery, break and enter, and other violent property offences.
- First-degree and second-degree murder and manslaughter.
If you have been charged or believe you may be charged, contact our firm for a consultation free of charge. Call us at 780-421-7001, and one of our attorneys would be happy to speak to you. You can also call and arrange for an in-person consultation at your convenience.
The city of Wetaskiwin is located 70km south of Edmonton off of Highway 2A. Both the Court of Queen’s Bench and Provincial Court (lower court) are located in Wetaskiwin. If you’re coming from Edmonton, take Highway 2A south until you reach Wetaskiwin. Turn east on 47th Avenue and continue until you reach 51st Street. The Court will be just south of 47th Avenue on 51st Street. See map below.
Wetaskiwin Contact Information
4605 51 St.
Wetaskiwin, AB T9A 1K7
Wetaskiwin Criminal Sittings
Case Management Office (CMO):
Every Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
Courtroom 102 – In-Custody docket:
Every Tuesday & Thursday, 9:30 A.M.
Every Tuesday, 9:30 A.M.
Every 1st & 3rd Friday, 9:30 A.M.